Friday, February 1

A healthy super-bowl snack


Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love traditional tailgate food. Mostly because it always includes something barbecued and something bacon. With all of those recipes floating around this time of year, I thought I'd throw something in the mix for my gluten-free/more health conscious friends. This recipe might seem like an odd pairing but I promise you- it is delicious.

The original idea for this recipe stems from something that was made at one of my wedding showers. Made by Ben's aunt, the Mango Caprese Salad was a hit and something I've made many times since. Though, over time it has evolved in presentation. When I make it to take to work for lunch, I generally cube the cheese and mango and toss it in the dressing. Recently, for a holiday party over at Lilly Lane, I decided to put a twist on the recipe to make it group friendly (read: less likely to spread germs).

What you need to make roughly 2 dozen skewers:
2 Ripe Mangoes
24 oz. Fresh Mozarella

Dressing:
1/2 C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 C. Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 C. Fresh basil, julienne sliced

The plan:
Chop your mangoes and mozarella into roughly 1x1 inch cubes. Alternate four cubes of each on a skewer. Mix all ingredients for the dressing and then pour over top the skewers. It's that easy.

In the photo above I ran short on fresh basil and had to use dried which was fine but not ideal. With fresh basil, you could even incorporate it into the alternation of cheese and mango. Either way you dress it up, this recipe is delicious and you should give it a try!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...